Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Boma's Kpop Chat #3: SNSD's alleged contracts with SM Entertainment

It's Kpop chat once again. In case you've missed the previous two, let me break it down for you. As a lover of all things Kpop, I try to post a weekly roundup of stories that I find interesting in the kpop world. Let's do it:

SNSD's contracts with SM Entertainment
Here's a rumor that's been spreading in KPOP circles forums about Girls Generation members and their contracts with SM.

-Yuri's contract on SM Entertainment will expire 9 years until 28 years old. She's now 23.
- Yoona's contract on SM Entertainment will expire 15 years until 34. She's now 22.
- Jessica's contract on SM Entertainment will expire 9 years until 28 years old. She's now 23.
- Sooyoung's contract on SM Entertainment will expire 5 years till 23. She's now 22.
- Hyoyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun's contract on SM Entertainment will expire untill SNSD disbands.
- Sunny's contract on SM Entertainment is a FREEDOM CONTRACT.
- Taeyeon's contract on SM Entertainment will expire 15 years until 34 years old. She's now 23.




Who's buying this? Not me. I love that whoever made this up specifically reminded us that Sunny has family in SM management. How on earth does she get away with a "freedom contract". Puhleease. I do believe that  SNSD's contracts will probably last till their late 20s/early 30s but a 15 year contract is absurd. Hello TVXQ!

Speaking of SNSD, the girls are making a Korean comeback in 2013. Time for more low IQ music I guess lol. I love many SNSD songs but let's me honest, they usually don't make the most sense.

Siwon's faith
3rd wave recently posted this video of Siwon and PJ of 3rd wave singing "Your Grace is Enough" during the Super Junior Super Show 4 concert. in Osaka. I'm so proud of Siwon for constantly sharing his faith and planting a seed in the heart of fangirls in Japan!



Siwon has also performed Christian songs like "Who Am I" and "Looking For The Day" during concerts. Siwon's dad, Kiho Choi is also quite vocal about his faith which has proven quite controversial in the past. Check him out on Twitter.

This week's Kpop chat was pretty short but not my fault. Nothing bubbly, exciting and scandalous like last week's IU-Eunhyuk scandal!