Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Pearlle Kpop chat: City Hunter review | episodes 12-16

This drama is on point yall, I don't know why it took me so long to watch it. Check out my previous review here and excuse this rather long recap. So much I've go to get off my chest so here we go:
City Hunter

Stand-out scenes:
1. The sequence of scenes where prosecutor Kim Young Jo loses his father (ep. 13).

2. The sequence of scenes where Ajusshi finds out that Yoon Sung cancelled his credit cards and moved out into Kim Nana's house. Cuuute and hilarious.

3. That fight scene with mean guy-liner guy. Intense!

City Hunter

Wtf scenes:
These are scenes that were so illogical I went "wtf?!!"

1. Prosecutor Kim Young Jo is leaving after visiting his father who is in a coma and he sees Yoon Sung lurking around and says "you're no hero just a murderer". What kinda logic is that? Yoon Sung is saving lives not murdering people.

2. Yoon Sung's reunion with his mom. So beautiful!!

3. Who remembers this scene in ep. 13 where NaNa just stands still when a guy on a bike approaches her. She then has the guts to tell Yoon Sung not to save her next time, when she can't even save herself! #fail
City Hunter

4. This scene in ep 16 blew my mind with the ridiculousness. So Yoon Shik, whose mom is a patient in the same hospital as Yoon Sung's mom, wants to buy lip gloss for his mom so she can be pretty like NaNa. He only has a jar filled with 100won coins and NaNa takes him to the store. When it's time to pay, the clerk tells them she can't count the coins right now and they don't really accept 100won. Nana asks the clerk if 100won coins isn't money and of course, Yoon Sung is there to save her by presenting a 10million won cheque.

What kind of logic is that? Is NaNa also a child that she expected the store clerk to stand there and count all those coins? Why couldn't she discreetly pay with her own money so the child doesn't find out and get disappointed.

5. The scene all kdrama lovers saw coming when Yoon Sung becomes the noble idiot and tells Na Na,
 "you're like a nightmare I want to forget. Move on, meet a better man than me and live happily"

NaNa responds: "Can't I wait until you finish what you're doing and return to me? Then I'll forget everything you just said. Can't you just say that you'll return to me?"

I'm thinking, he was never yours in the first place. I don't ever remember Yoon Sung saying "be with me! Be my girlfriend." Oh snap..there's an ultimatum:

"if you don't answer me now, if you return later I won't take you back."

 What happened to the fierce Kim NaNa who said "my feelings are mine and I'm not forcing them on you"

Fashion
More chic-casual clothing from Kim NaNa, what's not to love?

City Hunter, Kim Na Na

Bonus pic:
Lee MinHo, City Hunter