Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Pearlle Kpop chat #11: Sunye's wedding + possible Wonder Girls exit

Sun got married a few hours ago (Korean time). Congrats Sun!!! Our leader has come so far.

Sun, wonder girls, wedding

sun, wonder girls, wedding

She held a press conference before her wedding, she held a press conference where she talked about her new life as a wife and with WG post wedding. I have to say, reading about Sun's wedding the past month got me quite emotional. Let's be real here, I think Sun said what her fans wanted to here. How can she honestly talk about married life and possibly starting a family with her husband and still say that she's not leaving WG? Come on!

The Wonder Girls are my favorite female group and writing this post is quite saddening because for some reason, I can't see WG without Sun. I still think that they will continue to be successful but this is not like Sunmi leaving WG. It's Sun who's leaving!!


Sun has given 12 years of her life to JYP Entertainment and I understand that her priorities have changed. She's been through a lot in her life and I am amazed at what a remarkable woman she is and I sincerely wish her all the best. I respect her decisions and wish her a happy married life and a happy ever after!

JYP's tweet:

"I met a smart young girl and taught her for 12 years. But I realize that I learned more from her than I taught her. Congratulations Sun"