Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Tuesday Tips: Getting every last bit out of your liquid makeup bottles

Why is makeup so expensive? I just don't get it. I've been know to have a few makeup fails in my day such as spilling makeup on the carpet, on my clothes, on the handles of brushes, etc. Recently, my Maybelline Superstay foundation dried off due to the weather and maybe cos I didn't use the lid. I really like this foundation and have been using it for almost a year now. It is an excellent dupe of Clinique's Even Better Foundation which I used for about 2 years.

I was gonna buy a new bottle when I told myself that I shouldn't let all this foundation go to waste. I did a quick google search but could not find anything about reviving dry foundation. However, a blogpost on restoring caked up gel liner with Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel, which I owned but stopped using a while ago.

I decided to try this on my foundation. I took a huge scoop and mixed it with the moisturizing gel on the back of my palms. Voila, it worked!! I was so ecstatic that I did not have to buy a new bottle of foundation.

MAC Pro Longwear concealer packaging fail
Image source
Check out reviews of this concealer online and you'll probably notice that many people complain about the packaging. It pumps out too much product for one use. Also the pump stops pumping out any more product when it gets to the bottom of the bottle. There'll be sooo much product left over but it won't come out. One solution: use a little knife (not a butter knife) to open the airtight lid. I did that this morning and I'm probably gonna get 4-5 days of extra use out of my bottle of concealer. I really love this concealer and I'm glad I found a way to stretch out its use.


Tuesday Tips is a weekly post by Pearlle Magazine's contributors, sharing good ideas and practices we've learnt over the years. Got a tip you'd like to share, contact us . Who doesn't love a good tip?