Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Reminiscing Mondays: Plantain Chips

You know that question "If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?" My answer to this is: plantain chips!!


There are a couple of reasons why this is a good idea. Plantains are highly nutritious and contain fibre, calcium, beta carotene and vitamin C. If you could choose one thing to eat for the rest of your life, why go for something lame like ice cream when you can have something nutritious daily like plantain?! That was a joke!


My love for plantain knows no bounds, and I miss the affordability and delicious-ness of Nigerian plantain. Living in Canada, I've had to resort to buying packaged plantain chips for about $2 per pack. It doesn't taste as good as my Naija plantain, but what can I say?

walmart plantain chips
Sooo good, but costs $2/pack

Joe's Tasty Travels plantain chips are quite good, but at $2/pack, it can be quite a costly addiction especially if you love plantain chips as much as I do. I have their phone number, and I would love to purchase this whole sale from them hahahaha. I'm not joking.


Reminiscing Mondays is a weekly post by Pearlle Magazine's contributors, sharing their memories about growing up in Africa.