Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Reminiscing Mondays: Hilarious West African dance videos featuring azonto and etighi

Watch the way I do my azonto!! Today's Reminiscing post is going to be something quite different. I'd love to share my favorite West African dance videos with you and I hope you find them as entertaining as I did.
Fuse ODG

 I just listened to the azonto antenna dance song by Fuse ODG last night and I'm kinda obsessed with it. In case you're wondering, Fuse ODG is a UK-based Ghanaian musician best known for the 'Azonto' song. Here are a few of my favorite videos of the antenna dance competition, they're gonna make you smile:






Speaking of hilarious dance competitions, last year's Oliver Twist dance competition was pretty epic. Yesterday I watched the winner's video about a year later. If you don't know who D'Banj is, feel free to google it.



Here's another funny video featuring a mix of azonto and the etighi dance while dancing to Iyanya's 'Kukere'. Iyanya is a Nigerian musician who won Season 1 of Project Fame. Kudos to him for popularizing the etighi dance.


Here's the original song





Reminiscing Mondays is a weekly post by Pearlle Magazine's contributors, sharing their memories about growing up in Africa.