Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Reminiscing Mondays: Games to play when bored in class

Growing up in Nigeria, my teachers were quite strict. We had to stand up and greet them when they entered the class, we had to raise our hands before answering a question, we had to raise our hands and ask for permission before drinking water in class, eating in class was obviously forbidden, the fear of koboko kept us in check, etc. It sounds like a whole lot to deal with compared to how laid back my high school teachers were in Botswana. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed high school in Nigeria.


Image Source

Having said that, we all had those classes that bored us out of our minds. For me, it was Physics. I cringe when I think of how confused I was in that class. That's when some games come into play:

The Books of the Bible Game
My mum taught us all the Books of the Bible at an early age. She later had a Bible club and she taught all the kids there as well, but growing up it took me a while to remember all of them. When I'm bored in class, I would jot down on the Books of the Bible to see how much I remembered. Time sure goes by doing this.

The States of Nigeria Game
We had to learn this in Primary school right? When bored in class, try writing them down to see how many you remember

The US States Game
A friend suggested this, try it!

Disclaimer:
I suggest doing these NEVER!! I was just in a tutorial to review an assignment which I did pretty well in, so I was obviously bored. As I've grown older, I've learn to try my best to focus in class even when I'm bored so important stuff that's said doesn't fall on deaf ears!



Reminiscing Mondays is a weekly post by Pearlle Magazine's contributors, sharing their memories about life in Nigeria.