Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Favorite winter trends of 2011-12

Winter is almost over, yaay! In this post, I celebrate the trends I've been killing this season:


Hats
Specifically beanies and turbans. I love the turban trend, although I don't think they look too good on me. But, what's not to love about beanies? It's one of those trends that anyone can pull off, especially on those bad hair days.
Image Source
Stars and polka dots
Image Source
Image source
Mettalics
Hugely popular during the just past festive season, what's not to love about this trend?
Image Source
Print
HUGE trend this season and I'm still loving it.
Image source
Photograph by Kevin Foord
Image source
Red & Nude lipstick



My favorite nude lipstick is MAC Freckletone and my favorite red lipstick is definitely MAC Ruby Woo. Read my review here.

Parkas
I feel like everyone was wearing this trend..
Image Source
OTK Boots
Over-the-knee boots are huge this season and I absolutely love it! They are so versatile and can be worn with almost everything such as a dress as pictured below, skinny jeans, skirts, leggings, so many options!
Jaeger autumn/winter 2011-12 © GoRunway.com

Coats
Floor grazing coats were a popular trend on the catwalks this season, however I absolutely hate those! I'm not a fan of pea coats either. I feel they don't look great on my body.

It also depends on where you live, as some places don't get cold enough for a person to wear heavy winter coats. Thankfully, it does get quite cold here cos I absolutely love coats!
It's winter, but who says you have to be grey?
Image source
Image source