Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Tuesday tips: The best primer for oily skin!

It's that time of the week again: Tuesday Tips. This week's tips is for ladies, and a few gentlemen out there who suffer from oily skin. I heard about this almost 2 years ago, and I haven't looked back ever since.

If you're like me, oily skin sometimes leaves you frustrated. Yes, we oily skin peeps are less wrinkle prone but still, blotting all that excess oil off your face numerous times a day leaves much to be desired. Well, there's a remedy for that: milk of magnesia.


This doesn't leave my skin 100% matte all day, however my oiliness levels have reduced from more than 50%. Basically, I had to blot and re-powder my face every 3-4 hours after my original foundation application, now I only have to do this about twice a day which is great.

How I use it: I apply it on my T-zone (which is where I have oily skin) after I apply my makeup primer. I know some ladies who apply it before makeup primer but either way should be fine.

I shake the bottle, then use a finger tip to collect the product on one finger tip. That's all you need as applying too much can dry out skin and result in dull, chalky looking skin until washed off. 

As eyeshadow primer: I also have oily eyelids which results in creasing makeup. I have tried numerous primers, and nothing worked. Milk of magnesia came to the rescue and now my eyeshadow stays put all day. The only downside is blending eyeshadows is a bit harder when milk of magnesia is used as an eyelid primer. 

Read what people are saying about Milk of Magnesia on Makeup Alley

Tuesday Tips is a weekly post by Pearlle Magazine's contributors, sharing good ideas and practices we've learnt from various sources. Who doesn't love a good tip?