Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

My favorite Nigerian & Caribbean food blogs

I love cooking and that often includes reading food blogs, watching Youtube videos and the like. Here are some of my favorite sources of African & Caribbean food inspiration online as well as some of my favorite recipes that I can think of at the moment:

Lohi is a photographer and you can tell just by reading her blog. Check out her recipes for okra soup and eguisi soup.

Nigerian Okra soup

I've followed her blog for a while and she's just so creative. December is dedicated to Hausa food on her blog and she just posted this masa recipe. I grew up eating masa in Bauchi so I can't wait to try this.

Nigerian masa


Flo is the bomb dot com (who still says that?). Anyways, she has an extensive database of recipes and even makes videos too. What's not to like. Check out her video tutorials on how to make jollof rice and moimoi.

jollof rice
On to some delicious Caribbean food. Here's who I cyber-stalk:

Fact: Chris can cook! Proof: Curry chicken tutorial:




Cook Like A Jamaican
Watch Grandma Fay as she teaches us to Cook like Jamaicans! Check out her curry goat recipe.