Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Reminiscing Mondays: I'm calling your name Styl-Plus

Hello wonderful people! This week's Reminiscing Mondays is dedicated to the wonderful trio called Styl-Plus comprised of Shifi Emoefe, Tunde Akinsanmi and Zeal Onyecheme. Oh, how I love these guys!!!

styl-plus

Seriously, how can you not love them?!! They gave us hits like Olufunmi, Call My Name, Runaway, Imagine That, Iya Basira, etc etc!!

Call My Name - Styl-Plus
Zeal has always been my fav #justsayin :D


My sisters and I still play this song as well as Olufunmi and Imagine That when we want to reminisce of times gone by :) Olufunmi was my jammmm. I could sing all the Yoruba words in the song like a pro, although I had no clue what it meant. Proof: Music unites as all #word. I remember secretly buying the 'Expressions' album and sneaking it into the house because my mom didn't want me to own anything that wasn't gospel hahaha..bad child.

These guys haven't released an album in ages. Last I heard, they were working with Jesse Jagz, who produced the song 'On The Dance Floor' which I quite like.


Here's a short clip of their rendition of 'Silent Night'. These guys can saaaaang, I'm telling you. They haven't lost it. Look at them all grown up, awwws.



Styl-Plus, Styl-Plus, Styl-Plus, how many times did I call you? Oya, I'm calling your name o. Get your act together and release new music because we miss you like crazy.



Reminiscing Mondays is a weekly post by Pearlle Magazine's contributors, sharing their memories about life in Nigeria.