Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Rewatch the Google Kpop concert on Youtube

For all of us still reeling in excitement from the concert, or those of you who missed it :((  You can rewatch it on MBCKpop's channel here


Now for my thoughts on the MBC Kpop concert although no one asked me :D My favorite performances were definitely Super Junior, Girls Generation and Kara's opening performing. Shout out to the boys of MBLAQ too.


I loved the energy of Super Junior's performance, their amazing dancing and also how it's so apparent how much they care for their fans. Although only 8 members performed, to me Super Junior will always be 13 members. I really missed Hankyung, Heechul (doing his military service) and all the other SuJu members. Once a family, always a family.


SNSD's performance was also high energy and engaging which I loved. Although their opening song was 'The Boys', they still performed quite nicely.

It was an interesting choice to have Tiffany & Taeyeon as hosts. I have nothing against this choice, but it must have been a difficult decision to come to considering the calibre of diverse talent among the kpop idols at the concert. However, they weren't bad and they got better and more comfortable as the night progressed which is understandable.

Kudos to Google and MBC for putting up an amazing concert and also live streaming. Although I have to say, Google's livestream has to improve. There were so many lags and breaks in transmission.