Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Reminiscing Mondays: Snacks of northern Nigeria

 Forget all the drama, what we miss most about Northern Nigeria is the food: masa, akara & pap (all over Nigeria), kilishi, kunu, danwake, tuwon shinkafa, fura da nunu, suya..you name it, we miss it!

I miss seeing the roadside suya sellers, I don't miss my sister getting food poisoning during the Christmas hols years ago due to a shady suya seller my dad purchased from. Anyways, I miss seeing the women frying masa in those cute masa tins. I miss the smell of roadside akara walking home from the store. The Fulani women selling fura da nunu was interesting too.

Here are pictures of some Northern Nigeria delicacies.

CAUTION:

If you're hungry, look no further :P

Masa and suya

kunu



kilishi
fura da nunu
fura sellers


tuwon shinkafa



Reminiscing Mondays is a weekly post by Pearlle Magazine's contributors, sharing their memories about life in Nigeria.