Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Sacrificing personal happiness to make parents happy?

Sacrificing personal happiness to make parents happy?

I'll do anything to make my mum happy, ANYTHING. Well, nothing illegal but if it's legal, I'll do it.

I don't mind sacrificing my personal happiness to make her happy. She's done it so many times for me and I'll do it for her in a heartbeat. For example, if she asked me to move to Alaska with her tomorrow, I'd do it. I won't be happy about moving, but I'll do it anyways.

Am I overboard? Is there a limit to what a child should do for a parent. Like I said, nothing illegal but what is too much to ask of a child. That's really what parents do - sacrificing, sacrificing and more sacrificing. All for a child who might be of no use to society. Are children supposed to reciprocate this love?

Am I just being a doormat for my mum, wanting to do almost anything for her if she asked?