Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Almost got mugged last night

The title says it all. But, it was pretty scary stuff.

Image source

Don't want to have to remember the whole experience again, but this is the email I sent to my family:


"So, I was going to Intervarsity Fellowship at my friend's house.

Got off the 26 at McKenzie. Super busy and couldn't cross the road, so I started walking backwards to get to a part that doesn't have a bend so I can see approaching guys.

2 guys coming towards my direction on the other side of the road looked at me and started talking. One crossed the road and walked towards me, thank God for the Holy Spirit because He made sure my guard was up and I knew something was up. I immediately crossed the road when he was close to me, there were so many cars, I could have gotten hit.

He tried to cross the road but couldn't and started communicating with the other guy who was close to me to come after me.

That was enough, I got the hint and ran up the road to a busy grocery store"

Lesson learnt: busy or not, never head out at night alone. It was just 6pm, but it was already pitch black. Thanks winter.

I'm also going to buy some pepper spray to have with me all the time!