Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Funny Nigerian comments on the Nigeria vs Spain 2013 Confederations Cup game

I thought we played well today, unfortunately the score line doesn't reflect this. Our performance today was good practice for the World Cup. Hopefully, Keshi and his technical team are back to the drawing board. Our strikers sucked, better strikers should have been played e.g. Martins, IK Uche or Osaze. We won the Nations Cup with home-based players, but it is flawed logic to expect these guys to shine at an international level with world class players.

However, I'm looking forward to a possibility of Musa, Eminike and Moses at the World Cup. Finally, I think the Super Eagles showed some creative brilliance on the pitch, especially Mikel. Mike owned that midfield and is totally underrated in Chelsea. He needs to move to a club where he's able to express himself creatively on the pitch, maybe United lol

Super Eagles, Spain
Image source: Getty Images
While watching the game, I followed the commentary on Nairaland. Some of them were hilarious and I thought I would share. It wasn't even half time when Nigerian started throwing the worst insults at Ideye and Musa:

It will not be well with Ideye and Musa's generation
Please help, I need Ideye's family address
Enyeama deserves to be called to the national assembly
I will not eat for three days if we lose this match
Failure at the edge of breakthrough is Idey's problem. MFM is where he should be
Chai, upon my 6 to 6 fasting for super eagles
Are u sure Ideye didn't bribe the coach
Yekini needs to rise up and slap Ideye
Thunder fire that thing wey dey clip Ideye leg
Somebody should knock Ideye's head for me
I bet Ideye is more disliked than GEJ right now. Jonah, I'm happy for u
Gambo's first touch is to give away the ball. Didn't he see Torres first touch?

Super Eagles, Super Eagles vs Spain
Image Source: Getty Images
Back to the drawing board, Keshi
I swear that Gambo na Ideye brother

Boma: See that Ideye no 2,that aboki called Gambo lolTonye: Yeah he almost lost the ball when receiving a pass lol