Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Still on replay: Omawumi's "Bottom Belle"

Koko ma astanby Adebisi konga, Omawumi's baby. Wonder, eh, eh, wonder!



When Omawumi and Flavour N'abania team up, awesomeness is what you can expect!



This is definitely one song you will move your body to. "Chairman do something" I love how refreshingly traditional the song is, and Omawumi and Flavour's vocals are on point as usual. In an interview I watched a few weeks ago, Omawumi explained that her inspiration for the catchy "koko ma astanby" line. She sang Nigerian lullabies for her baby daughter, and used that line for "Bottom Belle" because it was catchy. Really effortless, but sounds amazing if you ask me.


Flavour's dance moves are so entertaining. aboba boba bobabo abonsuwe

I love the video, although I know that not everyone was a fan. I just love her energy, which is matched by Flavour. I wish there were more dance scenes with the dancers though. Check on their outfits.


Needless to say, this song will be on our lips for a while.