Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Tuesday Tips: Use vinegar as fabric softener next time you do laundry


Sounds unbelievable doesn't it?

This is a great natural product, that should replace whatever it is you currently use as fabric softener. Many fabric softeners contain animal fat, ethanol, chloroform, etc. Why bother? I have to confess, I've never used fabric softener because I never saw the point. Maybe it's a West African thing, I don't know.
Image source
Maybe you're wondering how to use it? Here are some tips from vinegartips.com

1. Prevent lint from clinging to clothes by adding 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar to the wash cycle.
2. Add 3/4 cups of vinegar to your final rinse cycle and your clothes will come out soft
3. To remove soap residue that makes black clothes look dull use white distilled vinegar in your final rinse.
4. Get stained white socks and dingy dishcloths white again. Add 1 cup white distilled vinegar to a large pot of water, bring it to a rolling boil and drop in the articles. Let soak overnight.

I'm definitely trying this out, and so should you. It's inexpensive and natural, so why not. I actually have vinegar at home, can't wait for the next time I do laundry (and I hate doing laundry!).

Ever used vinegar as fabric softener? Share your results in the comments box below.



Tuesday Tips is a weekly post by Pearlle Magazine's contributors, sharing good ideas and practices we've learnt from various sources. Who doesn't love a good tip?