Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Thinking of bell hooks and sharing the burden of relationships

In the chapter titled Honesty: Be True To Love, bell hooks quotes John Welwood:

"When we reveal ourselves to our partner and find that this brings healing rather than harm, we make an important discovery - that intimate relationship can provide a sanctuary from the world of facades, a sacred space where we can be ourselves, as we are ...This kind of unmasking  - speaking our truth, sharing our inner struggles, and revealing our raw edges  - is sacred activity, which allows two souls to meet and touch more deeply."

I did that last night. I shared my deepest darkest secrets about my insecurities in relationships and how I feel like I'll never find happiness. His reaction was caring and understanding. That's one of the things I like about this man. He is so compassionate and non-judgmental. On the other hand, I can be very critical of him, but he says he likes it..sometimes.

He also shared things that he's insecure about and we agreed to work on our insecurities together.

He's not perfect, I'm not perfect, but I look forward to exploring our flaws and working on them together.

I am falling in love with him...

bell hooks, all about love, love, relationships,