Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Reminiscing Mondays: NTA News Reporters

Time for another Reminiscing post, we talk about NTA News Reporters. When I think of NTA news, I think of the gorgeous outfits worn by the female newscasters, the theme song and the dated visuals!

NTA logo
Change this logo!
I tried finding pictures of the newscasters in their gorgeous outfits and could not get a single pic. I couldn't even find an NTA website on the news, wow! Same with AIT News, thankfully Silverbird News was different although they had no relevant pics. I think of gorgeous women like Ruth Benamaisia Opia, Kehinde Young Harry and Eugenia Abu.

Ruth Opia, Kehinde Young Harry
Throw-back pic: Ruth Opia (l) and Kehinde Young Harry

AM Express and Newsline were my favorite NTA shows. I would wake up super early in the morning just so I could catch a few minutes of AM Express before I went to school. Good times.! Miriam Anazodo was one of my favorite AM Express reporters and her husband Charles recently posted this pic of them.

Charles, Miriam Anazodo
Thow-back pic: Miriam & Charles Anazodo Source: Charles' Twitter

Finally, fix that theme song! It's been the same for as long as I can remember. I'm not saying completely change it but at least modernize it. 


Reminiscing Mondays is a weekly post by Pearlle Magazine's contributors, sharing their memories about growing up in Africa.