Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Week 2: Review of lemon juice for acne/skin lightening

In my first lemon juice for acne scars post, I shared the benefits of citric acid for skin lightening and also how to incorporate lemon into your skin regimen.

All I've been doing is cleansing my face, and applying lemon juice on a cotton ball. Twice a week, I use the Freeman Goji Berry Hydration Mask and also steam my face with hot water. Once a week, I use a baking soda mask.

I've been doing this daily for about 2 weeks now, and I'm noticing great results in my skins appearance and also fading of acne scars I've had for years.


My skin glows! I'm not even joking, and trust me this hasn't happened since I started wearing makeup. I know my skin is getting better cos these days I need waay less makeup than I did 3 weeks ago. My scars have faded and I'm not even thinking of concealer anymore, which I was not too long ago.

Although my acne scars are getting lighter, my overall complexion has lightened which is what is to be expected with lemons. I'm not automatically going to attribute this to lemons, because it's winter and my skin usually gets a tad bit winter around this time of the year.

Good luck as you start or continue your skin journey!