Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Recommended lipsticks for women of color

Mac Ruby Woo
Every woman needs a red lipstick and Ruby Woo looks perfect on every skin tone. I was so scared of red lipsticks because I have such full lips, I thought I would look like a clown. But, I learnt how to properly wear red lipstick and haven't looked back since.

If you have darker lips like I do, be sure to mute out your natural lip color first by using a matching lip pencil or some foundation/concealer. Then apply the lipstick and finish off with a dark lip liner. Rub your lips together to blend.



Mac Freckletone
This nude lipstick looks fab on dark skinned ladies. When I first bought it, I could not wear it. I thought the color looked so drab and lifeless. I gave it to my sister who never used, so I took it back and after a bit of research on youtube, I learnt how to rock a nude lip!

MAC Viva Glam II
Also a nude lipstick, with pink undertones, I absolutely love it. But, I prefer freckletone.

Clinique Pink Spice and Magenta Glow by the Body Shop (Colorglide)
Both lipsticks are very pigmented and long lasting. Pink Spice is just a  really pretty pink color, while Magenta Glow is more of a berry color.

I absolutely love both products because there's no work involved. I don't need to mute out my dark lips, or even apply lip liner afterwards. I simply put it on and I'm good to go. They're also super moisturizing which is amazing.
Pink spice

Magenta Glow