Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Skin lightening: My experience with Hydroquinone

On August 29, 2006, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) proposed a ban on over-the-counter sales of cosmetic products containing hydroquinone. At the moment, although products that contain up to 2 percent hydroquinone may be sold in the US without a prescription. 
The result of my month-long hydroquinone trial was a face with two different skin tones.
Image Source



I did a ton of research about Hydroquinone, so I wasn't going into this ignorant. However, I still decided that I was willing to face the risks and try out hydroquinone, not too smart I know.

I decided to try out Black Opal's Advanced Dual Complex Fade Gel. I read great reviews about this product and decided to try it out.

I wasn't trying to bleach my skin, just lighten acne scars I have had for years around my cheek area. To cut a long story shot, this fade gel didn't work. It broke me out like crazy, and left me with a mild case of hyper-pigmentation.

Anyways, this is not to judge anyone who uses hydroquinone. But since then I have researched into other way of fading my acne scars that are natural and wholesome.