Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Changing Yourself for a Man?


       One of the most disappointing things a woman could experience is loving someone who doesn’t love her back, or worse someone who simply isn’t compatible with her. As women, we often try change ourselves in some way or another to be accepted. We sometimes even go as far as altering ourselves physically to meet someone else’s ideal, but the question is, is it worth it? To change ourselves to fit someone else`s mold of okay or beautiful? To ignore the risks involved and do whatever it takes to be accepted? Well there’s a million different ways to answer to that question, it’s all a matter of your personal values and beliefs; I personally believe that the right person will accept me for who I am and that includes my virtues and flaws.

       But what if he seems perfect, like he’s everything you’ve ever wanted but he just doesn’t seem to be able to look past those little things that “make you, you”, what do you do then? I’ll give you the same advice I’ve given every one of my friends who’s asked me this question; stay true to yourself. Though it may seem like the right thing to do at the time to slightly modify your “undesirable” traits to suit meet your partners expectation, in the long run you could end up being unhappy because you’re being who they want you to be not who you are.

       So is it worth it? I think not, the right person will accept you for who you are and if they can’t, then it’s time to move on. Trust me, it’s for the best. So what do you think, would you change yourself for a partner?