Navigation Menu

April

Better Than We Ever Could Have Imagined
Welcome To Pearlle Magazine. Africa, K-Pop, And Everything In Between.

Are Nigerian men aggressive?

Disclaimer: What I'm about to write is clearly very subjective and merely written from my point of view. I generalize in this article however I know that not all Nigerian men are this way. But you know what they say, a few bad eggs spoil the bunch.

Word:
aggressive
adjective

Source: dictionary.com

2. making an all-out effort to win or succeed; competitive: anaggressive basketball player.

3. vigorously energetic, especially in the use of initiative andforcefulness: an aggressive salesperson.

4. boldly assertive and forward; pushy: an aggressive driver.

Scenario 1:
So, you're on your way to church one Sunday morning and this dude we'll call Sunday sees you walking down the street and runs up to ask you "what up, etc etc. Can I have yo number?" You try to avoid the issue and say no, but he keeps asking you and you're almost at the gate of your church and you don't want your church members to see you with this strange dude so you give it to him and Sunday promises to call you later that evening.

Later that evening, you receive a call from Sunday and you give an excuse why you can't talk to him. 20 text messages later (over the course of a day), Sunday calls you again and you finally tell him the truth, you're not interested. 

He texts you, you text him back asking him to leave you alone. The calls and texts won't stop so you decide to add him to the block list.


Scenario 2:
You're chilling at home and decide to go on FB. There's a message from a guy called Moses Peter, "hey baby i love ur profile pix. pls add me I want you to have my babiez"

My brothers chill for a minute, and quit coming on too strong. Why do we have to tell you no 50 thousand ways before you get the point. Why do we sometimes have to put yelling and cursing in the mix before you back off. Come on now.

What's with the "have my babies" tagline when you've just met a girl? Not cool. This drives the ladies crazy I tell you. Remember the little disclaimer at the beginning, this hurts the fine Nigerian men out there and ruins their chances because whenever we get asked out, we automatically go on attack mode due to our previous nasty experiences with Naija dudes. 

I don't want to hear, "be happy that you're even approached in the first place". Excuse me, I guess you should be happy your car got stolen cos it means you have a nice car and someone noticed it.

To conclude, like I said earlier this does not describe all Nigerian men. However, if the above scenarios describe you or something you've done, then you seriously need to consider changing your game plan.

Let me know your thoughts.